Cape May well deserves its reputation as the “restaurant mecca” of New Jersey. No matter what style of dining is desired, visitors to the Jersey shore will find culinary delights from a bevy of local, creative chefs.
As long-time residents (and food lovers) of Cape May, Stockton Inns suggests below our favorite local restaurants. If BYOB is denoted, please “bring your own bottle,” which can be purchased from Collier’s Liquor Store at Jackson and Lafayette, close to Washington Street Mall. We also maintain a basket of current restaurant menus in the Stockton Inns office.
- A Ca Mia: our favorite Italian restaurant located on the Washington Street Mall, a pleasant walk from Stockton Inns. Dine in or take out, but don’t miss their fabulous, homemade desserts. BYOB
- Gecko’s: a hidden secret you must try! Located behind the Washington Street Mall, this Mexican eatery has dining inside and out. BYOB
- Lobster House: overlooking Cape May Harbor, this is the freshest seafood on Fisherman’s Wharf delivered daily by local fishing boats. Full bar available.
- Mad Batter: located in a Victorian house on historic Jackson Street. Popular with locals, this restaurant and bar is famous for its breakfast, but you’ll love its lunch and dinner offerings as well.
- Oyster Bay Steak and Seafood: located on Lafayette Street, this establishment is known for its martini bar as well as a nice selection of delectable dinner entrees.
- Union Park: conveniently located on the corner opposite to Stockton Inns. This elegant restaurant is the perfect setting for a special occasion or a romantic dinner for two. BYOB
- Peter Shields: a perfect beachfront setting for fabulous appetizers, dining with a view, and a lively piano bar. BYOB
- Merion Inn: located in a Victorian house on Decatur Street, this landmark Cape May restaurant also features the oldest bar in town, with handsome dark wood décor.
- The Washington Inn: located on the street it was named after and just five blocks from Stockton Inns, this locals’ favorite has seating at the wine bar, on the veranda, or inside the beautiful dining room.
- McGlade’s: a family restaurant located directly across the street from Stockton Inns, behind Morrow’s Nut House. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but be sure to try the omelets, a tasty combination of the freshest local ingredients. BYOB
- The Pilot House: another family restaurant and bar on the corner of Carpenter and Decatur Streets near the Washington Street Mall. Both locals and tourists join the fun for karaoke, trivial games, and open-mike night.
- Cabana’s Beach Bar and Grill: the perfect beachfront restaurant and bar complete with a wide-screen television for all those sports’ enthusiasts.
- Depot Market: a delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner spot with take-out as an option. Known as very casual, very economical, and very good! BYOB